Friday, October 19, 2012

How to make a detailed design on a cake

 I often get asked, "How did you do that?" " Are you an artist?"  The answer is No, I'm not.  But I can cut and trace pretty good.
 Like this design that was choosen for a joint birthday party of soccer playing boys whose favorite teams are rivals it was a fun cake to make.  But both team logos are pretty detailed.  So I Start by printing the image as large as I want it on the cake.  I cut out the outline and using a toothpick trace around the image. 
 Then I cut down each little bit of the image and trace the entire thing step by step.  Once it's all traced out, I then begin the drawing over and then filling in of all the lines I drew on the cake.  It's a very time consuming process but I've never found a better way to get such detailed work on the top of a cake. 

 

 And in the end the look on a couple boys faced when their cake is so perfect is totally worth it all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment