Monday, July 29, 2013

Nautical Baby Shower

 It was fun to put together this nautical baby shower.  We did a cupcake tower cake.  It had both mini and regular cupcakes so people could try multiple flavors of cupcakes if they wanted to.  The stars and anchors used to decorate the cupcakes and cakes I made with white chocolate colored navy blue.
 The cupcakes were triple chocolate with chocolate whip cream frosting, lemon-lime cupcakes with lime butter cream frosting, orange dreamsicle cupcakes with butter cream frosting, and white chocolate with butter cream frosting.
 Saw the cute boat ideas on pintrist and had to add those for a little fun height.
 Along the bottom of the ckae are edible chocolate seashells and blue chocolate candies.  Ignore the messed up top border.  By the time I took this picture a little finger had adjusted the top border and I had yet to notice it to fix it.  It was fixed by the time the party started.

 I also was very happy with how the decorations I threw together turned out along with the diaper cake my daughter helped me to make. 

 All in all it turned out great with a few left over cupcakes to give to some great neighbors who helped out with the supplies for decorations that I didn't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment