Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Oz The Great and Powerful

 I have to admit I didn't love the way these cake pops and cake turned out.  But, the 11 year old was in love and that's what counts.  First the cake, since the theme of the party was Oz the Great and Powerful she went with the hot air balloons.  We found a cake idea to use a balloon as the hot air balloon on top of the cake and like it.  I had all sorts of plans for the cake under the balloon.  I was going to do a big emerald city thing. But the cute 11 year old that I love kept simplifying the cake.  In the end she simplified all the fun things I was going to do right off the cake.  But, she loved it so it counts. 
 As for the cake pops, I'm not sure what was wrong with the chocolate I bought but it would not melt and be that nice thin coat that you like.  So they are very thick coatings of chocolate on the cake pops.  That made the transition from colors not as smooth as I wanted and then the decor I planned on piping with chocolate imposible to do the way I wanted.  But this is what happens when it's your own kid.  If it was someone else I would have scrapped all this and started over...but she is stuck with "okay" and luckily she is easier to please than me and is happy with "okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment