Thursday, June 20, 2013

2nd birthday to a great little cowgirl

 I have had the great opportunity to make the baby shower, 1st birthday and now 2nd birthday cake for this adorable little girl.  This year they went with a cowgirl theme.

 In addition the larger cake that served the guests they did a mini cake again for the cute girl. 

The hat was handmade with rice krispies treats and fondant.  It turned out pretty good I think.  I had never molded the treats into shapes other than round for fake cakes before so this was a learning experience for me, but one I enjoyed.
In the picture of one the cakes they liked it had a huge #1 candle.  I looked everywhere online and couldn't find where they had gotten it.  So taking the cereal we made a 2 the height the candle would have been.  It had to be a bit thicker to hold it's shape but they loved it.
 close ups of some of my favorite parts
 
 
 
 
 






The back of the cake didn't turn out quite as cute as I wanted.  I had major issues with the mold I was using and all the little fondant accessories to make the bandana look like a bandana didn't come out.  So it's more sparse than I wanted but they loved it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment